June 24, 2021
Release notes and fixed issues.
June 24, 2021
- Engine Deprecation - Cloudera ML Runtimes are the default and recommended solution to run user workloads. New projects will be created with ML Runtimes configured by default and we recommend migrating existing projects to use ML Runtimes. Legacy Engines are deprecated and will be removed in a future release but workloads running on them remain fully supported.
- Register customized Runtime - Administrators can register an externally built Runtime to provide Data Scientists with a customized environment.
- Support user API key rotation - Administrators can rotate keys for all users, or users can rotate their own keys, just by clicking on a button.
- AMP specification for Runtimes - You can specify which Runtimes to use in AMPs.
- New base engine released -
Engine:14-cml2021.05-1is now available.
- Configurable engine image for Jobs - You can specify which engine to use for a Job. Jobs use the Project engine by default.
- Web session timeouts - Timeout limits for User and Admin User web sessions were changed to be a period of inactivity, instead of a set time limit.
- Spark configuration (DSE-16422) - Fixed an issue where user-added Spark configurations in the ~/spark-defaults.conf file may not be populated to /etc/spark/conf/spark-defaults.conf correctly.
- Hive table (DSE-16108) - Fixed an issue where saving data to a managed Hive table
using Hive Warehouse Connector via CDSW from CML may fail with a
- API keys (DSE-15678) - Fixed an issue where user API keys may be accessible through non-private projects.
- Web sessions (DSE-11394) - Fixed an issue where user web session may not be refreshed even when the user is actively using CML.