Known issues in Hue on public clouds
Learn about the known issues related to the Hue query editor in Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service on public clouds, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- IMPALA-11447 Selecting certain complex types in Hue crashes Impala
- Queries that have structs/arrays in the select list crash Impala if initiated by Hue.
- Workaround: Do not select structs/arrays in Hue.
- DWX-8460: Unable to delete, move, or rename directories within the S3 bucket from Hue
- Problem: You may not be able to rename, move, or delete directories within your S3 bucket from the Hue web interface. This is because of an underlying issue, which will be fixed in a future release.
- Workaround: You can move, rename, or delete a directory using the HDFS commands
- SSH into your CDP environment host.
- To delete a directory within your S3 bucket, run the following
hdfs dfs -rm -r [***COMPLETE-PATH-TO-S3-BUCKET***]/[***DIRECTORY-NAME***]
- To rename a folder, create a new directory and run the following command to move
files from the source directory to the target
hdfs dfs -mkdir [***DIRECTORY-NAME***]
hdfs dfs -mv [***COMPLETE-PATH-TO-S3-BUCKET***]/[***SOURCE-DIRECTORY***] [***COMPLETE-PATH-TO-S3-BUCKET***]/[***TARGET-DIRECTORY***]
- DWX-6674: Hue connection fails on cloned Impala Virtual Warehouses after upgrading
- Problem: If you clone an Impala Virtual Warehouse from a recently upgraded Impala Virtual Warehouse, and then try to connect to Hue, the connection fails.
- Workaround: Create a new Impala Virtual Warehouse and do not clone from a recently upgraded warehouse. Then the connection to Hue from the new Impala Virtual Warehouse succeeds.
- DWX-5650: Hue only makes the first user a superuser for all Virtual Warehouses within a Data Catalog
- Problem: Hue marks the user that logs in to Hue from a Virtual
Warehouse for the first time as the Hue superuser. But if multiple Virtual Warehouses are
connected to a single Data Catalog, then the first user that logs in to any one of the
Virtual Warehouses within that Data Catalog is the Hue superuser.
For example, consider that a Data Catalog DC-1 has two Virtual Warehouses VW-1 and VW-2. If a user named John logs in to Hue from VW-1 first, then he becomes the Hue superuser for all the Virtual Warehouses within DC-1. At this time, if Amy logs in to Hue from VW-2, Hue does not make her a superuser within VW-2.