General known issues on public clouds
Learn about the general known issues in Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service on public clouds, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- DWX-6619 Browser auto-close not working on some browsers after token-Based authentication for accessing CDW
- The Firefox and Edge browser window does not close automatically after successful authentication.
- DWX-9774 Database Catalog or Virtual Warehouse image version problem
- Background: In Cloudera Data Warehouse 2021.0.3-b27 - 2021.0.5-b36, you can choose any supported image version when you create a Database Catalog or Virtual Warehouse, assuming you have the CDW_VERSIONED_DEPLOY entitlement.
- Problem: In Cloudera Data Warehouse 2021.0.6-b96, you can choose an image version other than 2021.0.6-b96 when you create a Database Catalog or Virtual Warehouse only if you use an existing environment. An existing environment is one you created in 2021.0.3-b27 - 2021.0.5-b36.
- Workaround: In 2021.0.6-b96, use an environment you created before this release to choose an image version other than 2021.0.6-b96 when you create a Database Catalog or Virtual Warehouse.
- DWX-5841: Virtual Warehouse endpoints are now restricted to TLS 1.2
- Problem: TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are no longer considered secure, so now Virtual Warehouse endpoints must be secured with TLS 1.2 or later, and then the environment that the Virtual Warehouse uses must be reactivated in CDW. This includes both Hive and Impala Virtual Warehouses. To reactivate the environment in the CDW UI:
- Workaround: If environment reactivation is not possible, you can perform manual
steps using the
kubectlcommand line tool to pick up the TLS 1.2 endpoint change. Open a terminal window on a system where the
kubectlcommand line tool is installed, log in, and run the following commands:
kubectl edit svc nginx-service -n <cluster-name> # Add the following under the metadata.annotations field service.beta.kubernetes.io/aws-load-balancer-ssl-negotiation-policy: "ELBSecurityPolicy-TLS-1-2-2017-01" # Save and quit the editor, and then run the following command to check your changes. kubectl get svc nginx-service -n <cluster-name> -o yaml # Make sure that the annotation you added is present.
- DWX-5742: Upgrading multiple Hive and Impala Virtual Warehouses or Database Catalogs at the same time fails
- Problem: Upgrading multiple Hive and Impala Virtual Warehouses or Database Catalogs at the same time fails.
- Workaround: If you need to upgrade or create multiple Hive and Impala Virtual Warehouses or Database Catalogs, perform the upgrade or creation sequentially one at a time.